Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
bacon, egg and leek risotto
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable broth, but best to have an extra splash or two around if needed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely chopped bacon (from about 4 slices) or pancetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large or 3 smaller leeks, quartered lengthwise, cleaned of grit, and chopped small
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more to fry eggs
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio, carnaroli, or another short-grained Italian rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or vermouth (
- 1 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish if desired
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 large eggs, youll want one per serving
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?