Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
arroz con leche (rice pudding)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (I had very large canela sticks see bottom for more info so I only used one)
- 2 strips of lemon or orange zest (can use a peeler to get a larger piece)
- 3 whole cloves or a tiny pinch of ground cloves
- 4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups whole milk (updated to note that many people, including my mother, successfully made this with lower fat milks)
- 1 (12-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I realized after the fact that my can had been 14 ounces, had no averse effect)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?