Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
apple and honey challah
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 standard 1/4-ounce packet) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) neutral oil, plus more for the bowl
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 grams) table salt
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose (530 grams) or bread flour (578 grams), plus more for your work surface
- Apple filling
- 2 medium baking apples (I love baking with MacIntoshes), peeled, cored and in 1/2- to 3/4-inch chunks
- Squeeze of lemon juice, to keep them from browning
- Egg wash
- 1 large egg
- Coarse or pearl sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?