Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
apple and cheddar scones
- 2 firm tart apples (1 pound or
- 1 1/2 cups (6.75 ounces or 195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 1/2 tablespoons for sprinkling (total of 2.2 ounces or 63 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon (7 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (3 grams) plus additional for egg wash
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces or 85 grams)unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes plus additional for baking sheet if not lining it with parchment
- 1/2 cup (2.25 ounces or 65 grams) sharp cheddar, shredded (white is recommended, I assume for aesthetics)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?