Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
almond macaroon torte with chocolate frosting
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 1/2 cups (10.5 ounces or 300 grams) slivered almonds (or an equivalent weight of blanched, sliced or already ground almonds)
- 1 cup (196 grams) plus 3 tablespoons (37 grams) sugar
- 2 large pinches kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Flavoring of your choice, such as 1/2 teaspoon orange oil or extract, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, almond or other extract
- 20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (61% or less is recommended, I think it would also be great with 72%, a nice bitter contrast to the sweet macaroons), chopped or chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted (at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes on a tray, stirring once or twice)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?