Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
almond cake with strawberry-rhubarb compote
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Butter and flour for the pan(s)
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons amaretto, plus additional for brushing
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted (we used matzo meal with success, though finely grinding it first would have been a better idea)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup crme frache, whipped to soft peaks
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?