Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
acorn squash quesadillas + tomatillo salsa
- 1 small/medium acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend of your choice (I used Muenster, not Mexican but worked great!)
- Butter for frying quesadillas
- Garnishes: Julienned radishes, crema or sour cream and/or salsa verde cruda (recipe below)
- 10 tomatillos, husked and well washed, quartered
- 1/2 bunch of scallions, roots and green ends trimmed, cut into big segements
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 jalapenos, roughly chopped
- Pinch of allspice
- Salt to taste
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?