Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Zesty carrot & ginger loaf
- 100g unsalted butter , plus extra for the tin
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 50g black treacle
- 50g golden syrup (or use more black treacle if you like your ginger cake really dark)
- zest 1 orange
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 large carrot , grated (you will need 140g/5oz flesh)
- 5 balls stem ginger from a jar, finely chopped
- 175g self-raising flour
- tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 140g icing sugar
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?