Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Wood-Grilled Whole Fish Puerto Vallarta Style
- 4 dried ancho chiles or 8 dried guajillo chiles (2 ounces of chiles total), stemmed, seeded and torn into flat pieces
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 3-pound whole fish (round fish like snapper, grouper or striped bass work really well), split as described in headnote OR 1½ pounds meaty fish fillets
- Oil for brushing or spraying the basket and fish
- 1 medium, red onion, thinly sliced, for serving
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
- Chinese toasted chiles in oil (or your favorite salsa or hot sauce), for serving (optional)
- Corn tortillas, for serving
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 386kcal (19%)|
|Total Fat 8g (13%)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (9%)|
|Cholesterol 272mg (91%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|