Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Wine-Braised Lamb Shanks with Herbes de Provence
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 large whole garlic cloves
- 6 large lamb shanks (12 to 14 ounces each)
- All purpose flour
- 2 2/3 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/4 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried herbes de Provence
- 1 1/4 pounds slender carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-long pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?