Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Wine-Braised Brisket with Tart Cherries
- 1/4 cup matzoh cake meal (see Cooks' notes)
- Kosher or fine salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6- to 6 1/2-pound) first- or second-cut beef brisket
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 medium shallots (about 1 pound); peeled, leaving root ends intact
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups Pinot Noir
- 2 cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) dried tart cherries
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 whole star anise (see Cooks' notes)
- 2 pounds young, slim carrots in bunches (not pre-cut variety), peeled
- A nonreactive large, heavy-bottomed roasting pan
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?