Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Whoopie Pies with Mint Filling and Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated solid vegetable shortening or unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonhydrogenated solid vegetable shortening or unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup egg whites (from about 2 large eggs)
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Pastry bag or resealable plastic bag
- Medium-size star pastry tip
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?