Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Volcano Surprise with Lemon Mousseline Cake
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup potato starch (3 to 3 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (for buttering pan and platter)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 8 egg whites from large eggs
- 4 egg yolks, beaten with a fork
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Hollowed-out shell of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting the cake
- 1/3 cup warm cognac
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?