Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Vietnamese lamb shanks with sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 lamb shanks , about 350g each
- 2 onions , halved and cut into half moons
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 3 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- 2 red chillies , both deseeded, one chopped and one thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar , plus 1 tsp
- 3 star anise
- 2 lemongrass stalks, tough outer leaves removed, then bruised
- 1.2l lamb stock
- 1 tbsp tomato pure
- 4 sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into big chunks
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice 2 limes
- big handful mint leaves, torn
- handful basil leaves
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?