Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Vietnamese Pho: Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- THE BROTH
- 2 onions, halved
- 4" nub of ginger, halved lengthwise
- 5-6 lbs of good beef bones, preferably leg and knuckle
- 1 lb of beef meat - chuck, brisket, rump, cut into large slices [optional]
- 6 quarts of water
- 1 package of Pho Spices [1 cinnamon stick, 1 tbl coriander seeds, 1 tbl fennel seeds, 5 whole star anise, 1 cardamom pod, 6 whole cloves - in mesh bag]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt (halve if using regular table salt)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 inch chunk of yellow rock sugar (about 1 oz) - or 1oz of regular sugar
- THE BOWLS
- 2 lbs rice noodles (dried or fresh)
- cooked beef from the broth
- 1/2 lb flank, london broil, sirloin or eye of round, sliced as thin as possible.
- big handful of each: mint, cilantro, basil
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 2-3 chili peppers, sliced
- 2 big handfuls of bean sprouts
- Hoisin sauce
- Sriracha hot sauce
Directions:View on Steamy Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?