Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Vegetarian Stew with Quinoa, Butternut Squash & Coconut Milk
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups diced (1/2-inch) butternut squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 large jalapeno pepper, seeds & membranes removed, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk, stirred
- 1 can (14 oz.) petite diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- InstructionsIn a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water, and place over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed. Remove the quinoa from the heat, fluff with a fork and re-cover to keep warm.
Directions:View on Cookin Canuck
Why don't we display directions?