Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Vegetarian Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
- 1 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 generous cup of chopped onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for keeping the noodles from sticking to each other
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (I recommend Muir Glen brand with added basil)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed in clean towel of excess moisture
- 1 lb lasagna noodles (16 to 20 noodles)
- 1 15-or-16-ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 pound pecorino or parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 cups)
- Special equipment needed: 1 large casserole pan, preferably 10x15-inches
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?