Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Udon with Mushroom Broth, Cabbage, and Yams
- 10 cups Light Vegetable Broth (see recipe) or good-quality canned vegetable broth (such as Swanson)
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms, rinsed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 lemongrass stalks, outer dark layers removed, all but bottom 4 inches cut off and discarded
- 2 6-inch strips dried kombu
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 5 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 4 cups 1/2-inch-wide crosswise slices cored Napa cabbage
- 5 ounces slender carrots (preferably assorted colors), peeled, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 10 ounces Japanese-style udon noodles or soba noodles
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup matchstick-size strips peeled fresh ginger
- 4 to 6 ounces semi-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (optional)
- Sambal oelek
- Tamari soy sauce
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?