Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Twice-Cooked Five-Spice Lamb with Red Chiles
- 6 large meaty lamb shanks (about 7 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons plus 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup black vinegar*
- 1 (4-ounce) piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 12 whole star anise*
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 4 2-inch-long small dried red chiles*
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder*
- green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?