Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Turkey Gumbo Recipe (with leftover Thanksgiving turkey)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon each: dried oregano, dried thyme
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound kielbasa, smoked or polish sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 cups water
- 2-3 cups frozen or fresh okra
- 2 cups cooked, shredded leftover turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- cooked rice
Directions:View on Steamy Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?