Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tunisian-Style Poached Eggs in Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, cored, cut lengthwise into 1/2”-wide strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
- 1 large tomato, cored, grated using the large holes on a box grater
- 1 tablespoon (or more) harissa paste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Harissa, a spicy North African red chile paste, is available at Middle Eastern markets, some specialty foods stores, and mustaphas.com.
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?