Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
True Texas Chili
- 2 ounces dried, whole New Mexico (California), guajillo, or pasilla chiles, or a combination (6 to 8 chiles)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons lard, vegetable oil, or rendered beef suet
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, well trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (to yield 2 pounds after trimming)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups
- , or canned low-sodium beef broth, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons masa harina (corn tortilla flour)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, plus more as needed
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?