Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tortillas in Black Bean Sauce
- 1 pound dried black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 large fresh epazote sprigs or marjoram sprigs
- 2 tablespoons lard or corn oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1/4 teaspoons aniseed, ground or finely crushed in plastic bag or in mortar with pestle
- 1/2 cup corn oil (for frying)
- 18 5- to 6-inch-diameter white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons crema mexicana or sour cream
- 3 pickled jalapeño chiles, halved lengthwise
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?