Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tortilla Soup with Chiles and Tomatoes
- 4 dried , wiped clean, stemmed, and seeded
- 2 dried , stemmed
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 quarts
- ; or 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth diluted with 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lard or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried epazote or oregano, crumbled
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 12 (6-to 7-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 (6-to 8-ounces) avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled (also called ) or ricotta salata, crumbled (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup , or sour cream diluted with 1 tablespoon water
- Equipment: a deep-fat thermometer
- Accompaniment: lime wedges
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?