Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, preferably a little old and dried out
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil, peanut oil, other high smoke-point oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium Anaheim, poblano or jalapeo chile, seeded, veins removed, chopped (Depending on the hotness and flavor desired. You can also mix chiles - 1 Anaheim and a half jalapeo.)
- 4 cups chicken broth or homemade chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (recommended Muir Glen fire-roasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or mild cheddar)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?