Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tom's Tasty Tomato Soup with Brown Butter Croutons
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- 5 cups canned whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices european-style rustic bread, crusts removed, cut into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes (30 to 36 cubes)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?