Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tomato and Bread Soup
- Four ¾-inch- (2-cm-) thick slices peasant bread
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, smashed, peeled, and sliced
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 14 large basil leaves, washed well and cut across into narrow strips
- 1¾ pounds (790 g) plum tomatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch (,5-cm) dice
- 4 cups (1 l) Basic Chicken Stock or commercial chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or less if using commercial broth
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Good olive oil, for serving
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 190kcal (10%)|
|Total Fat 15g (23%)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (10%)|
|Cholesterol 0mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|