Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tomato & saffron tart
- 225g shortcrust pastry , bought (or homemade using 175g/6oz plain flour and 85g/3oz butter, prepared in the usual way)
- beaten egg , for brushing
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 500g ripe tomatoes , skinned, seeded and chopped
- 300g tomato passata
- 1 tbsp tomato pure
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dark muscovado sugar
- 5 tbsp red wine
- 400ml double cream
- 1 tsp saffron threads steeped in 1 tbsp hot water for at least 5 minutes
- 2 eggs , plus 4 egg yolks
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?