Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tomato Tamarind Soup (Rasam)
- 2/3 cup toor dal or yellow split peas
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste, seeds removed
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 or 3 fresh chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sambar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- generous handful of dried curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley or coriander for garnish, chopped
- hot pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?