Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tomato-Chickpea Curry in Eggplant Shells
- 2 medium eggplants (1 to 1¼ pounds each)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Salt to taste, plus ¼ teaspoon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds (they’re actually reddish brown)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1½ tablespoons mild curry powder, such as Merwanjee Poonjianjee & Sons, plus more if needed
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas or one 15-ounce can, drained
- ½ cup dried, unsweetened, grated coconut (available in health-food stores)
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 330kcal (16%)|
|Total Fat 16g (25%)|
|Saturated Fat 6g (32%)|
|Cholesterol 0mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g|
|Dietary Fiber 16g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|