Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Thai-Style Chicken Soup with Basil
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, root end trimmed and 1 or 2 outer layers discarded
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 quart
- ; 1 or 2 outer layers discarded
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, drained, reserving juice
- 2 ounces tamarind from a pliable block (a 2-inch cube), chopped
- 3 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 (2-inch-long) fresh Thai chiles, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh or frozen Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 pound snow peas, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves (preferably Thai)
- Accompaniment: cooked jasmine rice
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?