Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tangy Red Lentil Dal with Goda Masala (Amti)
- 2/3 cup red lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon grated jaggery or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons goda masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 - 4 fresh green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- dash of cayenne
- sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated or minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- handful of dried curry leaves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- fresh coriander or parsley leaves
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?