Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tamale Batter From Fresh Masa
- 2 tablespoons slaked lime (calcium hydroxide or “cal”)
- ½ pound dried field corn kernels (about 4 cups), sorted and rinsed
- ½ cup nonhydrogenated lard or vegetable shortening
- 2 cups fresh masa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup Chicken Broth with Mexican Flavors or Pork Broth with Mexican Flavors, lukewarm
- Colander with small holes (about 2mm)
- Electric hand mixer
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 336kcal (17%)|
|Total Fat 17g (26%)|
|Saturated Fat 4g (20%)|
|Cholesterol 0mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g|
|Dietary Fiber 9g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|