Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Tailgaters' Favorite Stew
- 6 slices bacon (about 4 oz/125 g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 2 lbs stewing beef, trimmed, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes and patted dry
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups barley (see tips) rinsed and drained
- 1 can (5 1/2 oz/156 mL) tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Medium to large (3 1/2 to 5 quart) slow cooker
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?