Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large slice bread, crusts removed and bread torn into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 small onion , grated on large holes of box grater (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon
- DirectionsWhisk egg and cream together in medium bowl. Stir in bread and set aside. Meanwhile, in stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat pork, onion, nutmeg, allspice, pepper, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder on high speed until smooth and pale, about 2 minutes, scraping bowl as necessary. Using fork, mash bread mixture until no large dry bread chunks remain; add mixture to mixer bowl and beat on high speed until smooth and homogeneous, about 1 minute, scraping bowl as necessary. Add beef and mix on medium-low speed until just incorporated, about 30 seconds, scraping bowl as necessary. Using moistened hands, form generous tablespoon of meat mixture into 1-inch round meatball; repeat with remaining mixture to form 25 to 30 meatballs.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?