Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Succulent braised venison
- 2 carrots , roughly chopped
- 140g turnips or swede, roughly chopped
- 2 onions , roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- olive oil and butter, for frying
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1kg boned leg or shoulder of venison , cut into large chunks (or buy ready-cubed venison for stewing)
- 5 tbsp plain flour , seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly (or rowan or hawthorn jelly)
- 450ml dry red wine (Rioja is good)
- 450ml beef stock
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?