Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Strawberry Rhubarb Shortcake
- Strawberry Topping:
- 16 ounces strawberries, hulled, washed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For the shortcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream, plus extra cream to brush the tops
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top of shortcakes
- Whipped cream, for serving
Directions:View on Two Peas and Their Pod
Why don't we display directions?