Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Stir-Fried Asparagus and Snake Beans with Chile Jam and Kaffir Lime
- 1 2-inch square seedless tamarind pulp (from 16-ounce block; there may be some seeds), cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (or more) hot water
- 1 1 1/4-inch-long piece fresh galangal or peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 18 garlic cloves (about 3/4 cup), chopped
- 10 small dried red chiles (such as chiles de árbol), soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
- 1/2 cup small dried shrimp (about 2 ounces), soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 ounces snake beans (Chinese long beans) or green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?