Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Stifado, Otherwise Known as Greek Beef Stew
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds beef chuck, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 six-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rasiins
- 2 strips of orange peel (cut with a paring knife - go all around the orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups frozen small white onions, thawed
- Crumbled feta cheese (room temperature) and toasted pine nuts for garnish
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?