Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Sticky pear & ginger cake
- 250g stoned dates , finely chopped
- 300ml milk
- 100g butter , plus extra for the tin
- 140g ginger preserve (you'll find this with the jams)
- 140g dark muscovado sugar
- 3 large ripe pears (we used Conference)
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g pecans nuts, reserve 10 and chop the rest
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- tsp mixed spice
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 150ml brandy
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?