Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Steamed Soy Milk Custard
- 2 cups cold soy milk, freshly extracted or purchased
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light-colored soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons nigari diluted with scant 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup mixed fresh mushrooms, such as matsutak, maitak, shiitak, shimji, and/or enoki, in any combination, trimmed and cut
- 3 or 4 stalks mitsuba, roots trimmed, stalks and leaves cut into 1/2-inch lengths, or 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup diced or thinly slivered fresh boiled bamboo shoot
- 1 asparagus spear, tip sliced in half vertically and stalk thinly sliced on the diagonal, and then tip and stalk blanched for 30 or 40 seconds
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?