Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Steamed Mussels with Lemongrass Coconut Curry Recipe
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed & picked through (discard cracked shells and ones that don't close when tapped)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, white part grated with microplane grater (or substitute with 4 wide strips of lemon peel)
- 2 bottles of clam juice (or substitute with vegetable broth + wine)
- 1 can (14oz) of good coconut milk, shake the can vigorously to mix the fat with the liquid
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Thai curry paste (depends on your spice level)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or substitute with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 small skeins of mung bean noodles, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes.
- chopped scallions & chili for topping
Directions:View on Steamy Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?