Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Steak with Creamy Whiskey Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 4 steak cuts of your choice (filet, ribeye, sirloin, strip, etc)
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2-3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons whiskey, bourbon, beer or white wine
- 1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (though you can use as little as 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh herb of your choice (chives, parsley, tarragon, basil, etc.)
Directions:View on Steamy Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?