Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spring Chicken Soup with Matzoh Balls
- 3 medium leeks (about 1 1/2 pounds), top 2 inches of dark green parts discarded, then halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into thirds
- 5 large carrots (about 1 pound), cut into thirds
- 2 celery ribs, cut into thirds
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2 pound) chicken (giblets and liver removed)
- 1 small head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh ginger (unpeeled but skin scrubbed); from one 1/2-ounce piece
- 15 long fresh flat leaf parsley stems
- 15 long fresh dill stems
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 quarts cold water
- 1 cup matzoh meal, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons rendered chicken fat
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (reserved from recipe below)
- 4 large eggs, separated
- Dill sprigs for garnish
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?