Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spicy Yellow Lentil Soup
- 1 cup toor dal or yellow split peas
- 7 cups water
- 4 large plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or Kashmiri chili
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or jaggery
- generous handful of dried curry leaves, crumbled
- handful of fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 to 3 dried whole red chilies, broken into bits
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?