Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups (one 28-ounce can) canned San Marzano or other Italian plum tomatoes, with juices
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions sliced in ¼-inch-thick “half-moons (about 1½ cups)
- About 6 ounces (1 cup) prosciutto ends (see Note) or thick bacon cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 to 10 whole Tuscan-style peperoncini in vinegar, drained, seeded, and sliced in strips (½ cup), or more to taste
- Hot water from the pasta-cooking pot
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- A 12-inch or larger skillet
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 323kcal (16%)|
|Total Fat 18g (28%)|
|Saturated Fat 7g (33%)|
|Cholesterol 52mg (17%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|