Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spicy Tamarind and Channa Risotto Kitcheree
- 1/3 cup channa dal or split yellow peas
- 1-inch piece tamarind pulp or 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella (kalonji or black onion) seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 fresh green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup arborio or other risotto rice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?