Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spicy Steamed Mussels with Garlic Bread
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 slices peasant bread, each about 1 1/2 inches thick (or 1 baguette, sliced in half, lengthwise)
- 1 whole garlic clove plus 15 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds Prince Edward Island mussels (or other black mussels)
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 handful fresh chive stems (about 40), halved
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?