Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spicy Mung Beans with Chilies and Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 cup whole mung beans, soaked for a few hours, or overnight in enough water to cover
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- dash of asafoetida
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh coriander or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- generous handful of dried curry leaves
- 3 - 4 fresh red cayenne or green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 fresh lime
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?