Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spicy, Citrusy Black Beans
- 4 cups dried black beans
- 2 1/2 quarts (10 cups) water
- 2-3 fresh sprigs oregano, or 1 Tbsp dried
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 small or 3 large sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 chopped peppers bell pepper, Anaheim, or jalapeo (your choice, depending on taste for heat), seeds, stems and ribs discarded
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp Ancho red chili sauce, or chili powder or Tabasco to taste*
- 1-2 teaspoons of pured chipotle in adobo, chipotle Tabasco, or chipotle powder (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp cumin, (crushed whole toasted cumin seed is best, if possible)
- 3 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate or 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?